Wishing all my readers
Christmas shortbread recipe - a spicy and citrussy one this time.
This is how I made:
Orange and Cinnamon White Chocolate Shortbread
- Softened 50g of good quality white chocolate by putting it in the mixing bowl and placing it on the storage heater for ten minutes.
- Added 170g of unsalted butter cubed and left to soften.
- Creamed the butter and chocolate with 85g golden caster sugar until pale in colour and fluffy in texture.
- Added the grated zest of an organic orange and creamed some more.
- Sifted in 175g plain flour (half wholemeal, half white), 80g brown rice flour, a pinch of pink Himalayan rock salt and 1 rounded tsp ground cinnamon.
- Stirred until incorporated, then formed into a ball and left in my cold kitchen to firm up for half an hour.
- Rolled out to about 3mm thickness and stamped out snowflake shapes getting about 60 biscuits in total. I also tried to make some buttons, but they didn't quite work out as planned.
- Left to firm up in my cold kitchen for 15 minutes.
- Baked for 7-8 mins at 180°C until just golden.
- Dusted with fine caster sugar whilst still hot, then transferred to a wire rack to cool and harden.
- Packaged up into bags, then added labels and ribbons.
I did manage to snaffle one to try and they were quite delicious with a good Christmassy flavour.
I'm submitting these to the Spice Trail with Venesther over at Bangers & Mash. The chosen spice this month is cinnamon.