Sunday, 22 December 2013

Dare to Bare - Random Recipes #35

In this very busy month of December, Dom is giving us a break from cooking and has tasked us with revealing the insides of our kitchen cupboards instead. Having seen the well ordered and tidy shelves of so many bloggers through this challenge, I am not at all sure that my cupboards, stuffed to the gunwales of whatever I can fit into them, should be shared. However, in the spirit of Christmas, I am prepared to give you a glimpse.



Perhaps not surprisingly, I have a chocolate shelf. With chocolate being this blog's raison d'être, it is an ingredient that I just cannot be without. Whilst Green & Blacks, is my go to chocolate for most things, I do have an eclectic mix of different types and brands.

Because I'm a hoarder and also like to be as economical as possible, I tend to buy my staples in bulk and store them in large glass jars - preferably with red lids. In an ideal world, I would have a nice walk in larder and everything would be tidy and easy to access. In actuality, space is an issue and ingredients can be somewhat inaccessible.

In an attempt to get organised one day, I decided I would keep all of my various flours (I have a lot) in a basket. As you can see from the picture, that basket has now become a repository for anything I can't find a place for somewhere else - oops!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for letting us have a look in! I love this challenge and it's also reminded me that I've not done mine yet! I love your chocolate shelf and how you have everything in jars.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your chocolate shelf... that's such a brilliant signature for you!... we're safely back in Lincs now and looking forward to a few days break to fill our cupboards with more mess!... thanks so much for entering C, always lovely to have you part of the random recipes family... xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you make a bit of room in your chocolate shelf in case santa decides to give you some more :-) I think your shelves look pretty normal to me but I probably haven't visited enough of the bloggers with really neat shelves to feel too much shame about my crowded shelves - I have some baskets in my shelves that make it easier to find the stuff at the back by pulling it out and rifling through them

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could have guessed that you'd have a chocolate shelf - I would have been disappointed if there wasn't one. I have some baskets in various cupboards too and I can confirm that they do attract all sorts of stuff that don't have a home. It's the nature of a basket, I suppose. I'd love a walk in larder too, although the only person I know with a large walk in larder has filled it with so much stuff that they can never find what they want. Have a great Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was intrigued by the brands of chocolates that you choose ... and the shelf ... I thought it would be MUCH larger, but on thinking about it, I suppose you use chocolate pretty quickly! Looking forward to seeing more of your chocolate genius in the new year! Happy New Year, dearie!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails