This is how I made:
Salted Caramelised Almond Chocolates
|Salted Caramelised Flaked Almonds|
- Dry fried 1 tbsp flaked almonds with 1 tsp sieved golden icing sugar and a pinch of fleur de sel over medium heat stirring all the while.
- After about 8 minutes, the sugar had caramelised and the the almonds were golden. Removed from the heat and allowed to cool, then roughly crushed.
- Melted 60g of 72% dark chocolate (G&B Cook's) over a pan of hot water. As soon as the chocolate had melted, removed from the heat and added 15g more. Stirred until melted.
- Laid a white chocolate button at the bottom of 6 chocolate flower moulds.
- Positioned the reusable sticks.
- Topped with a teaspoon of melted chocolate.
- Added some of the crushed caramelised nuts.
- Topped with another teaspoon or so of melted chocolate until they were full. Banged the moulds on the surface to disperse any air bubbles and spread the chocolate into the corners.
- Used the remaining chocolate and some of the caramelised nuts to make three chocolate spoons.