Anyway, I don't like sweet drinks so had no interest in using it in my cup of tea. Instead I had some left over bread I thought would lend itself very nicely to a bread and butter pudding. It's been years since I made this very British pudding - I have no idea why I've waited this long because it's a really good one. I also had some lovely fairtrade chocolate to finish off, so I included that along with the bread.
Sugar Free Bread and Butter Chocolate Pudding Recipe (almost!)This is what I did to feed 4:
- Buttered a small Pyrex casserole dish.
- Cut 14 slices of a large white baguette - about 1 cm thick.
- Spread each slice with butter.
- Laid 7 slices at the bottom of the dish.
- Chopped 60g of dark chocolate (TraidCraft 72%) and scattered half over the bread slices.
- Layered the remaining bread over the top and scattered on the remaining chocolate.
- Whisked 2 eggs well with 200ml milk, 1 tsp vanilla extract and 3 level teaspoons of Truvia.
- Poured this over the bread and left to soak for 15 minutes.
- Baked in the middle of the oven at 180C for 25 minutes.
Laura Loves Cakes and Dolly Bakes. The theme this month is for a healthy New Year, New You so I hope this virtually sugar free pudding fits the bill.
Fab Food for All and Fuss Free Flavours.