Wednesday, 28 November 2012

Breakfast Club - The Chocolate Round-up

Coincidentally (and it truly was), this month's We Should Cocoa tied in very nicely with Breakfast Club. Breakfast Club was started by Helen of Fuss Free Flavours in a bid for us all to take eating breakfast a little more seriously. As host for November, I had, of course, chosen chocolate for the month's theme. Nazima of Franglais Kitchen, who is hosting We Should Cocoa this month has chosen bread and many of those doughy entries sit very comfortably on a breakfast table.

So here we go:

I kicked things off with my chocolate oatmeal porridge, something I'm not likely to indulge in very often for breakfast as although I have a sweet tooth, I prefer to at least start the day on a healthy note. Having said that, the chocolate was 70% cocoa and the porridge was made with a water & milk mix.

A very enticing and rich sounding dark chocolate and prune plait came from Laura's excellent blog How to Cook Good Food. A fellow member of the Real Bread Campaign, Laura is passionate about making bread and teaching others to do so.

These chocolate American pancakes are not knew to Angela of Garden, Tea, Cakes and Me. It seems they make a regular appearance at the weekend breakfast table and I can quite see why.

Ros of The more than occasional baker, really rose to the challenge and made her first ever yeasted bread. The success of this apple cinnamon chocolate braid has hopefully conquered her fear and we will see many loaves more loaves in the future.

When I saw C's entry from Cake, Crumbs and Cooking, my first thought was, what an earth are sliders? On reading, I found they are a very soft and moist milk bread roll into which C has incorporated cocoa to make these delicious looking chocolate sliders. As if this wasn't enough, she topped them with choccy philly!

Dashing Dom of Belleau Kitchen, went all romantic and in spending an afternoon with his loved one at Bettys tea rooms ended up with some rose tea. Well what could he do but bake this fabulous looking rose tea and chocolate swirl loaf.

Noting a cinnamon loaf in the latest edition of the Great British Bake Off, Jen of Blue Kitchen Bakes, thought it lacked a certain something ...... chocolate and chilli to be precise. I have a sneaking suspicion she is right and would be very happy to join her for a slice or two of this spiced chocolate breakfast loaf.

I'm obviously not the only one that likes chilli for breakfast. Here we have chocolate chilli and pecan muffins made by The Garden Deli with her own home grown chillies.

Now, I thought I was being decedent with my chocolate porridge, but Janice of Farmersgirl Kitchen has gone one better and had porridge with chocolate sauce swirled over the top.

Now here's someone after my own heart. Although I have a sweet tooth, I do like to eat a healthy breakfast. The beautifully named Tango Like Raindrops over at Elizabeth's Kitchen made up this lovely looking refined-sugar free chocolate almond granola - once she'd got over the shock of chocolate for breakfast that is!

In a neat reversal of meals from breakfast to supper Tango Like Raindrops made these Black Forrest Waffles for supper, but suspected some might like them for breakfast.



Back from a visit to a Parisian boulangerie, Laura of Laura Loves Cakes was inspired to have a go herself. She made these pretty and and very tempting chocolate brioche rolls. Just as well CT wasn't around or he would have scoffed the lot.

I was wondering when the hot chocolates were going to appear. Something is needed to dip all these buns and rolls into. Ren of Fabulicious Food went one better than a continental hot chocolate and made these healthy hot chocolate breakfast smoothies using the ancient Aztec ingredients of chocolate, chia seeds and avocado.

And along with the hot chocolate, finally, comes pain au chocolate. I was hoping someone would be brave enough to give them a go. Caroline of Caroline Makes did not let me down and one of these dunked in some hot chocolate would be perfect.

And a final entry that didn't make it onto the linky is a rather spectacular looking mixed fruit and chocolate chip bread wreath from Michelle of Utterly Scrummy Food for Families.

13 comments:

  1. A lovely round-up! I'm going to have to give this 'chocolate for breakfast' idea some more tries. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rose and chocolate swirl loaf totally wins my heart

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What an amazing yummy round-up! LOve it all especially the dark chocolate & prune plait! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great round up. I've spent many years telling the children that chocolate doesn't count as breakfast - this has changed my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for hosting, and I am so sorry that I did not get an entry in!

    Lovely lovely round up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent round up of chocolatey breakfasts treats. Now I know what to make when I'm stuck for ideas. Definitely no complaints about chocolate for breakfast from me :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How good is it to have a chocolate themed breakfast club. I have just been reading `Chantal Coady's "Real Chocolate" book and she talks about the benefits of eating good quality chocolate in it. This I have to agree with. In fact, it isn't that high in sugar and contains far less then your average box of Frosties I am sure. So here's to eating more of it I say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This little lot would make a great breakfast...if not a rather filling breakfast! A great round up :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sad not to have entered as this was a real challenge, but there are some great entries here, would make a great birthday breakfast too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great round up and so many great ways for getting chocolate into the diet early on in the day ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They all look great - I did so enjoy having chocolate for my breakfast that I've continued to do it long after the sliders have been eaten and forgotten. You've set a bad precedent for me ;-) (but I don't mind....)

    ReplyDelete
  12. How come, I didn't know about this? Anyway, it looks all so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A great round up Choclette, I know what I'm having for breakfast for the next few days! The sliders look very nice, will explore those first. Thanks for including the Aztec smoothies! x

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails