This is what I did to make the raspberry & rose curd:
- Squished 200g of raspberries in a bowl & placed this over a pan of simmering water.
- Added 150g rose sugar - complete with rose petals.
- Grated in the zest of an organic lemon.
- Squeezed in the lemon juice.
- Blitzed with a stick blender.
- Added 60g unsalted butter and stirred until melted.
- Whisked in 2 duck eggs (equivalent to 2 large hens eggs).
- Stirred over the heat for a good twenty minutes until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Sieved mixture and poured into two sterilised jars.
Each time I make a new curd I think it has been the best ever. When I tried this one, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven.
For the raspberry & rose white chocolate cupcakes I pretty much followed my recipe for the apricot curd cupcakes with the following exceptions:
- used rose sugar rather than cardamom sugar in the cake batter.
- creamed the butter & sugar then beat in the melted white chocolate.
- substituting the curd for raspberry rather than apricot, both in the batter and the mascarpone topping.
- swirled the curd through the batter rather than layering it in the middle.
These too were completely delicious and although the lemon curd cupcakes I also made were very good, these definitely pipped them at the post. Mascarpone and fruit curd is another match made in heaven! My one disappointment was that the lovely spotty pink cupcake cases I bought especially for these cupcakes came away from the cakes soon after baking. So the beautiful presentation I'd envisaged was not to be. I tried sorting them out with elastic bands, but this gave them a crazed dancer look which I think might have been even worse.