CT is trying to breed a species of chilli called rocoto (Capsicum pubescens), so it can not only grow outdoors in the UK but will also ripen reliably. This means, all being well, we end up with a mountain of chillies to process each year. Luckily, we're both fond of chillies and I make this chilli sauce every season, which doubles nicely as a Christmas present for chilli lovers.
- Asked CT to do the difficult bit decapitating and deseeding 8 rocoto chillies without breaking them - no mean feat.
- Melted 30g of 47% dark orange chocolate (Lindt Orange Intense)
- Mixed this into 100g cream cheese.
- Using the handle end of a teaspoon, pushed this mixture into the chillies. Placed the tops back on the chillies and placed into a greased baking dish.
- Baked on the bottom shelf of the oven whilst the bread was baking at 200C and left them there for 20 minutes.
- Drizzled some more of the melted chocolate over the top.
PS the next evening CT blitzed the remaining curry for soup and included 1 chilli. If you like your food spicy hot, this was just about right - delicious.