- Melted 100g plain chocolate over a bowl of hot water.
- Whizzed 90g brown sugar in a food processor with 3 sprigs of fresh spearmint (about 10 smallish leaves) until the leaves were finely chopped.
- Beat in 1 large duck egg.
- Mixed in the melted chocolate.
- Sifted in 100g spelt and 1/4 tsp baking powder.
- Left to cool for an hour.
- Spooned teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Baked at 170C for 10 mins.
- Left to cool for a couple of minutes then lifted onto a wire rack to cool completely.
Quick and easy to make, these were crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside. The flavour of mint was subtle and very different to using peppermint essence or peppermint oil. Nice.