- Sifted 125g wholemeal flour, 130g fine polenta, 30g caster sugar and 1 scant tbsp baking powder into a bowl.
- Chopped 50g 70% dark chocolate and mixed this into the flour.
- Made a well in the middle and broke 2 duck eggs into it.
- Started to mix these in, adding 3 level tbsp runny honey and 50ml olive oil as I went.
- Mixed in 225ml double cream.
- Poured into a 9" x 9" square mould and baked at 180C for 25 mins.
- Spooned a little honey onto the hot cake and spread this around to give it a shiny top.
- Left to cool then cut into 16 pieces.
Half way between bread and cake, this is not for those with a really sweet tooth, but if you like honey and something with a bit of texture, you will find these very moreish. Despite the fact I used wholemeal flour, the lovely yellow colour still came through. CT was particularly taken with these and they didn't last quite as long as I was expecting.