This is what I did:
- Melted 180g unsalted butter in a large pan
- Added 250g dark brown sugar and 180G dark 72% cooks chocolate
- Mixed until smooth and chocolate melted.
- Beat in 2 tsp vanilla extract and 1/4 tsp salt (Himalayan pink).
- Beat in 3 duck eggs, one by one.
- Folded in 115g wholemeal flour.
- Stirred in 150g chopped walnuts.
- Baked at 180C for 20 mins.
- Poured into a 9" (23 cm) sq cake mould.
- Left to cool (a bit) then cut into 16 squares.
In conclusion, these brownies were good and satisfied my brownie craving, but they weren't up with the best - chestnut brownies, spicy orange brownies, toffee brownies, fudgy coconut brownies and many of the other brownies I have made. But please don't let that stop you giving them a try.
In a further conclusion, I think I might have been a bit harsh. These got better each day we had them and by day five they were truly delicious.