- Chopped cubes of crystallised ginger into small pieces and placed these at the bottom of 24 small round chocolate moulds.
- Melted 110g dark chocolate (74% buttons used for chestnut brownies) in a pan over near simmering water.
- When melted added a further 40g and removed the bowl from the pan.
- Resisted the temptation to stir until these had also melted - then stirred until smooth.
- Spooned enough of this over the ginger to fill the moulds.
- Melted 100g milk chocolate - I had intended to use the same method as for the dark chocolate, but for some reason I couldn't get it to melt properly. It could be that my kitchen was very cold, because it melted beautifully when I first used it in the lemon balm ganache.
- Spooned the melted (but not tempered) chocolate over the remaining ginger pieces.
- Licked out the bowl of lovely warm chocolate - yum.
Thursday, 27 January 2011
Christmas presents, so I did looks were fairly important. Luckily, it seemed to work, but whether this was pure fluke, very good chocolate or I actually did the right thing, I do not know. I used Chocolate by Trish 74% for cooks and her 38% milk chocolate - both of which I had used before and was already impressed with.