Sunday, 24 January 2010

Spicy Orange Brownies

Have been so busy this weekend catching up with house stuff and more importantly our allotment that I haven't had much time for cooking fun stuff. By this evening though, I was beginning to suffer from chocolate withdrawal. I needed something fast. Having recently been tempted by Tinned Tomatoes' post on brownies, I had those very much in mind. However, as usual I went off on a tangent and ended up making these instead.

This is what I did:
  • Melted 100g butter with 100g spicy orange dark chocolate (Maya Gold) and 150g muscovado sugar in a pan.
  • Beat in 2 eggs.
  • Stirred in 75g wholemeal flour, 1 tsp cinnamon and a pinch of salt.
  • Poured into a 7" x 9" tin and baked at 180C for 12 mins.
Quick and easy, all in one pan and delicious to boot!

10 comments:

  1. Yum they look great. I made brownies for Sunday lunch pudding, along with a very tasty brioche bread pudding. You can see what my focus for the sunday lunch is - dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look divine. such a shame I'm off sugar and flour. Can you bottle up the chocolatey orange scents wafting round your kitchen and send it to me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound even better than mine. Mayan gold is my favourite chocolate. Yum! I am bookmarking this recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooohh these look so tempting, I love the chocolate and orange combination

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter and husband loves chocolate with orange - I'll be sure to make these brownies some time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So easy! Are they as wickedly oozingly rich as they look? I can almost smell the orange through the screen... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look good, but after several attempts to use it in baking, I have to say that I don't like the Maya Gold chocolate in baked goods. I love eating it so I'm not sure what goes wrong with the flavour (for me) when it's baked into cakes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmmm Maya Gold is fab but I overdosed on it a while back and haven't gone near it since. Maybe it's time to revisit that flavor combo.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath - Your a woman after my own heart - two puddings - yum!

    Nic - How about honey?

    Sweet Soul Creation - these were really very very good.

    Jacquline - I was feeling inspired that day - although I blame you for my sudden rash of brownie making.

    Lucie - the trouble with chocolate is it goes well with so many things. Haven't worked out if this is a good or a bad thing yet!

    Pam - If you ever do make them, would be interested to hear how they went.

    Celia - wicked? Completely.

    Suelle - have you tried other orange spicy chocolate? I occasionally use the co-op's fair trade one which I think works well.

    Somesaycocoa - know what you mean. I think I've just overdosed on cake this weekend - savoury is what I'm craving. I know it won't last though.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails