Monday, 4 January 2010

Blog Award













Cynthia from Cookin' With Cynthia very kindly gave my blog this award.

This is what you need to do (if you want to participate):
  1. Copy the award image into a post.
  2. Then list 10 things that make you happy
  3. Tag 10 bloggers who brighten your day
  4. Put in a link to their blogs
  5. Notify the award receivers
  6. Award recipients must link back to sender's blog
Being a shy retiring Brit, this doesn't come easy to me, but I'll give it a go.
  1. Eating chocolate cake (of course)
  2. Eating chocolate cake with friends
  3. Making chocolate cake (of course)
  4. Singing (whilst doing the above)
  5. Blogging about chocolate
  6. Tending to CT's every need (as long as it involves chocolate)
  7. Reading (about chocolate)
  8. Growing vegetables - what, nothing to do with chocolate?
  9. Walking by the coast (with ample supplies of "emergency" chocolate)
  10. Convincing myself we need a new set of bathroom scales!
Gosh, I hate making these sorts of decisions. It's hard to come up with only ten as there are so many great blogs around, but here are some of the food ones that I look at regularly.

The Caked Crusader @ The Caked Crusader
Mangocheeks @ Allotment 2 Kitchen
Suelle @ Mainly Baking
VegBoxBoy @ VegBoxBoy

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for thinking of me - I shall treasure it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you liked it. Seem to be having trouble with the award image, but it should be OK now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo! First and foremost, well done on your award ;0)

    Secondly, thank you very much for thinking of me, my very first award ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Afternoon Choc - well done you and thanks for thinking of me too.

    Now to find 10 blogs I read....

    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. a well deserved award for your lovely blog Choclette. ref. answer 10 - electronic salter scales are reduced from £20 to £5 in Sainsburys (I invested in one after finding that our old ones were putting half a stone on me!).
    I'm touched that I'm in your blog top ten. I'm going to pass on accepting/passing on the award, hope you don't mind, just sticking to a decision I made in the early days of blogging.
    cheerio, N x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Choclette, I am very pleased to appear in your top ten. Forget the scales - who needs them?!
    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for putting me in your list of blogs you enjoy, Choclette.

    I'm even more shy and retiring than you(!!), so will need to take a little time to consider whether or not to accept/participate.

    Hope you understand.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for my first award, it made my day! thanks again. Lucie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Caked Crusader, Chele, Vegboxboy, Kath & Lucie, glad you like the award, I think you've all got great blogs.

    Nic & Suelle, I don't mind in the least. I wasn't too sure myself when I got the award, so I do understand. I do like your blogs though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so so much for thinking of my blog Choclette. I am absolutely honoured to be in your Top Ten, but like Nic of Nip it In the Bud, I too at the start of blogging decided not to participate in these schemes for personal reasons; and I know you'll understand. I do appreciate their value though and Thank you so much for nominating my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations! And I am with Kath on that one...forget the scales! In fact I have a theory that weighing makes people put on weight. The less one obsesses about inches, the more one naturally gravitate towards healthy food. (I consider dark organic chocolate good and healthy, too!)

    I also love coastal walking too, particularly the wild North Devon coast. How lovely to have it nearby-ish. We are two hours away here in Bristol.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails