Friday, 1 January 2010

Cranberry, Walnut & White Chocolate Cookies: Sweet & Simple Bakes


My third Sweet and Simple Bake AND it was another chocolate one - hoorah! It was also a great one to make for Christmas presents. How could I not do it? Thank you Maria and Rosie for coming up with such a splendid idea. As I didn't have any pecans but had loads of walnuts in stock, I decided to substitute one for the other. I also only used 100g of white chocolate as I didn't really want to have to start another bar and I thought one bar would be enough. Other than that I mostly followed the recipe as given.

This is what I did:
  • Creamed 125g unsalted butter with 100g caster sugar and 75g dark brown sugar until pale.
  • Beat in a large egg and 1 tsp vanilla essence.
  • Mixed in 150g flour (1/2 wholemeal spelt and 1/2 white spelt), 1/2 tsp baking powder, 1/2 tsp salt (pink Himalayan) and 75g rolled oats.
  • Stirred in 75g dried cranberries, 75g roughly chopped walnuts and 100g white chocolate (Green & Black's) roughly chopped.
  • Formed mixture into roughly walnut size balls (36), placed on lined baking sheets and squashed down with a fork.
  • Baked in a preheated oven for 12 mins at 180C (gas 4) until golden in colour.
  • Let cool for a few minutes then removed with a spatula onto a wire rack to cool completely.
  • Packaged into cellophane bags, labelled and tied up with a ribbon.
I was really pleased with these cookies - CT and I had to do a quality taste test of course! They held together really well so were ideal for packaging up, were nicely chewy and very, very tasty.

Wishing you all a Happy New Year and may your baking be satisfying - both in the preparation and the eating.

15 comments:

  1. These look delicious and very pretty wrapped up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look great! I've not made mine yet - that's a job for today lol. Hope they turned out as well as yours have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do look very 'easy to eat'...I think if I had one, I'd want another, then another...

    Happy New Year to you and your CT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year! These look delicious - and I am sure the wholemeal spelt makes them very healthy as well as deliciously nutty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies look wonderful and beautifully wrapped.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cookies. I love the wrapping. Enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You bring out the best of these cookies with ur beautiful wrap up....

    ReplyDelete
  8. All packaged ready to give away. Wonderful. Great cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such cute packaging ! and great looking cookies too..great job !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ciao ! Great cookies ! Lucky friends !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Your cookies look great too! You're right, I hope S&S isn't ending now, just as I finally got started participating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the way you packaged them. REally nice. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your packages of the cookies! I made them as well, but alas have no pictures as I had camera problems :-( Thanks for baking with us!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was hoping to give some foodie treats away as presents, but couldn't find the time. I bet your recipients were pleased

    ReplyDelete
  15. i love your blog name and these cookies too.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails