In a bid to have a slightlier healthier breakfast in the mornings than our normal toast, I thought it was time to make muesli again. This time though I wanted to add some highly nutritious cocoa nibs which have the added bonus of giving a nice chocolatey crunch.
- Toasted 1lb of rolled oats in oven 175C until very slightly brown and smelling nutty - left to cool.
- Toasted 6oz mixed nuts (walnuts, brazils and hazelnuts) chopped into pieces in oven at same temperature for about 10 mins - left to cool.
- Toasted 4oz mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds in oven at same temperature for about 5 mins - left to cool.
- Spooned these into a large jar, then added: 2oz cocoa nibs, 1 tbsp pollen, 2oz raisins, 2oz dried papaya chunks, 2oz dried pineapple and 2oz goji berries.
- Gave jar a jolly good shake until all nicely mixed together.
Delicious eaten with yogurt or with kefir, especially if left to soak for a while. As you can see from the, admittedly not so great picture, inroads have already been made on this batch!