Sunday, 23 August 2009

Chocolate, Nut & Honey Flapjacks

Have made these flapjacks two days running now. Yesterday, some energy bars were needed to feed the workers and today we are off on a picnic - hummm - weather looking decidedly drizzly, so might end up as a picnic in the car! Plans set in motion now, so proceed we will, rain or no rain.
  • Melted 5oz unsalted butter with 2 tbsp runny honey in a large pan.
  • To this mixed in: 8oz rolled oats, pinch of salt, 2.5oz demerara sugar, 2oz mixed chopped nuts and 50g of dark chocolate cut into chunks.
  • Spread this into a buttered 8'' by 10'' baking tin and baked for 17 mins at 180°C (gas 4).
  • Left to go cold then cut into 12 squares.
Again I used my standard flapjack recipe from Gaia's Kitchen and modified it, substituting honey for the syr
up and adding nuts and chocolate. The result was very satisfying - hence the making of a 2nd batch early this morning. Having little chunks of chocolate was a great addition and doing it this way didn't overwhelm the taste of honey. With the 2nd batch I remembered to use my signature sesame seeds sprinkled over the top.

1 comment:

  1. Another change I can make to my flapjack recipe. Honey and walnuts, two of my favourite ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails