Monday, 27 July 2009

Blondies

I adapted this recipe for white chocolate brownies from one of Nigella's. Here's how:
  • Melted 3oz unsalted butter with 100g white chocolate (I used my favourite Green & Black's).
  • Whisked 2 duck eggs with 6oz granulated sugar until thick and creamy.
  • Beat in the cooled chocolate and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
  • Folded in 6 oz plain flour (1/2 wholemeal spelt & 1/2 gluten free) with 1 tsp salt.
  • Stirred in 4oz chopped walnuts.
  • Turned this into a buttered 25cm x 20cm tin and baked at 170°C (gas 4) for 20 mins.
The results were lush and sumptuous. Pleasingly squidgy in the middle with a light and crisp top and the sweetness tempered by the generous helping of crunchy walnuts.

5 comments:

  1. Choclette, you've been busy!I'm enjoying the fruits/choclates of your labors. Thank you for doing all this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much - it's a labour of love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of these. What effect do the duck eggs have? Can chicken eggs be substituted?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's fine to use chicken eggs instead of duck eggs - they generally equate to a large hen's egg. I wrote a post about the benefits of duck eggs if you're intrested - http://choclogblog.blogspot.co.uk/2009/07/duck-eggs.html

      Delete
  4. Never heard of a blondie before! May need a taste test before I can say which I prefer!

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you so please do leave a comment or question.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails